Monday, December 13, 2004

November 26, 2004 - The Moment of Truth

I don't know what I have been waiting on. God is kicking me in the pants again, trying to wake me up. I have been waiting for Him over a year to open a door for another ministry and all this time He has actually been waiting on me.

I've known for some time now that I was leaving. I don't know the exact date but I've been floating, waiting for God to make it clear.
Well, it's never been clearer. He wants me to set a date. And soon.
I guess I have been waiting because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't leaving because of conflict or personal pride. That it wasn't something that I could help resolve on my own.

Today I read in my devotions from a little book, Devotions from Dead People. It was on Pharoah and his people and how they chased after the Israelites during the exodus.
“The moment of truth was near. When Moses and the people reached the Red Sea and wondered what in the world they were going to do, the Lord sent a pillar of fire to hold Pharaoh back. Pharaoh saw it and he saw the Red Sea part to let God’s people escape.”
I guess my moment of truth is near. God wants me to get out and I have been waiting on Him to part the Red sea first (Give me a place to go since I won't have a job). I will have to watch that miracle when I get to it.

5 Comments:

At December 18, 2004 at 8:44 AM, Blogger wilsonian said...

The scariest thing about the parting of the sea (for me), is that Moses had to go first. Once he was told what to do (and it seems that you've been getting that message...) he just had to do it... he just had to step own into the water.

So, what is really holding you back from stepping into the water?

 
At January 11, 2005 at 1:34 PM, Blogger Jasper said...

Hey Brother-
Just checking in with you. How are things going? Here I have a job interview today. I am pretty bummed in general. God is in control. Just wish I knew more! I am praying for you!
-Jasper
===>

 
At January 13, 2005 at 5:04 PM, Blogger Phil Steiger said...

Take it from someone who has left two pastoral positions as a result of some form of frustration or a change in ministry philosophy-sometimes those feelings of tension and unease are God asking you to step out in faith. Both times I left, I did what I never would have done under my own power-I left with nothing to go to. Each time God was good to us and opened doors in His own good time.

I am sure people will give you platitude after platitude, so I will leave you with only one-don't waste this time. If you allow it to, this season of frustration will be one of your greatest seasons of spiritual growth. I would not give away either of my experiences for anything.

May God go before you!

 
At July 3, 2005 at 1:37 PM, Blogger DEANBERRY said...

Listen to GIVING MY REGARDS TO JESUS at http://www.deanberryministries.org/index4.html. Check it out, people.

 
At October 5, 2005 at 3:45 PM, Blogger Roy Naka said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my co pet related site. It pretty much covers co pet stuff. I guess you may find something of interest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home